Gardening in your outdoor space can be exciting and a lot of fun, but it can also be extremely dirty. A good gardening apron can be a great solution that you can use to keep your clothes clean, but which options are going to be the best for your gardening needs?
In this guide, we are going to look at five different options to see which one fits your needs the best. Before we begin, let’s consider some of the features that you will need to look at before making a purchase.
What to Look for When Buying a Gardening Apron
As with any new purchase that you consider, there are going to be certain features that you will want your new gardening apron to have. Some of the considerations to make include:
- Material – When it comes to the material that the apron is made from, all you need to worry about it the durability level of the material. It needs to have a thickness that will allow you to carry gardening tools and shears without the material being torn.
- Number of Pockets – The purpose of a gardening apron is not only to keep your clothes clean, but it is also to give you more ability to carry the tools that you need to tend to your plants. Deep pockets are going to be imperative when you consider which apron to choose, and you will want at least a few pockets to make sure that you have access to all of your tools.
- Size and Adjustability – Like all of the clothing that you wear, you are going to need to make sure that the apron fits your body. In most cases, this type of apron is going to be adjustable so that it can fit you better. Make sure that it is adjustable in all of the right places so that the apron fits your body more comfortably.
- Easy to Wash – As I have already stated, the reason for a gardening apron is to keep the mud and the dirt off of your clothing, which means that the apron is more than likely going to be dirty when you are ready to take it off. To remove the stains and the dirt from the material, you are going to need to find an option that can be wash in a machine and reused. Some of the most accessible options that you can consider cleaning include nylon, polyethylene, and polyester.
Gardening Apron Reviews 2019
1. Roo Green Gardening Apron
The first product that we are going to explore is a large apron that is designed to store your harvest tools and vegetables. It is made with an easy to access pouch that you can use for the food that you are harvesting, and it has a pouch on the bottom of it that will allow you to open it up and drop the vegetables into a sink to make them easier to wash.
The apron is made out of durable cotton canvas material that has been lined with nylon, which is designed to be waterproof and easy to clean. It can also be washing in your washing machine when it gets dirty as well.
2. Napa Valley Gardening Apron
This is a great apron to choose when you need something with a lot of pockets. This option is designed with seven pockets that can be used to keep your tools organized. In addition, the exterior pockets are made of a mesh material that will give you a safe place to store your tools that have a bit of dirt on them.
The apron is sage green, which means that it will look great on anyone, and the straps on the apron are designed to be adjusted so that they can better accommodate your body. It also comes with a pocket that is ideal for pens and a clip where you can secure your keys.
3. Mydays Canvas Gardening Apron
If you are looking for an apron that is designed to look cute, then this one has pockets that have little cactus plants growing in containers. The apron is a durable fabric that is designed to stand up against the wear and tear that it will experience. It also has 14 pockets that vary in size so that you can find a convenient spot for all of your gardening tools.
The straps that attach the apron to your body are designed to be ergonomic and comfortable. The shoulder straps are designed so that they do not rub your neck when you are wearing it. This apron is designed to be one size fits all, so it’s designed to fit anyone with up to a 55-inch waist.
4. Roo Purple Gardening Smock
This next product is a harvest smock that is designed to help you carry all of the fruits and vegetables that you obtain from your garden. It is available in four different color options, and the apron is made out of a cotton canvas that will remain durable for quite a while. The pouch is very large, and it has an easy to open bottom that will allow you to drop your harvest right into the sink.
The inside of the pockets is lined with water-resistant nylon that will keep you from getting wet when the pocket is filled with veggies. It has a one size fits all design, and it can be cleaned inside in a washing machine.
5. Readywares Gardening Tools Apron
The final apron that we are going to look at is one that is made out of waxed canvas material. This makes it a very sturdy option that will last for years. The straps are also made from a cotton/polyester blend, so they will be comfortable as well, especially considering the padding. In addition, the straps can easily be adjusted to fit your body type, but you will want to purchase the closest size to your needs for it to fit well.
In total, there are 12 pockets on this apron that you can use for storage purposes. There are also two hammer loops that you can use to store larger gear that you may need in the garden. The pockets are fairly deep, so it will be easy to place larger tools inside of them without causing an issue.